Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tribute............



This past Friday night, after I got home from work, i downed a few beers before getting ready to go out for the night. I was sitting at my computer, checking out 311.com and decided to head on over to the b.b. and leave a tread for the band. More of a request. I requested that the band play the song "tribute" at the July 5th concert @ Cincinnati OH. I ask the band to tribute the song "tribute" to Matt Maupin.




The Military has informed the Maupin family of the body of their missing soldier found in Iraq. The father of soldier Matt Maupin, listed as missing-captured since 2004, says he has informed him that his son's remains have been identified. Sgt. Maupin was a 20-year-old private first class who was captured April 9, 2004, when his fuel convoy was attacked.

This particular death is painful in the Cincinnati area because Matt was one of ours and we have watched and held vigils and prayers with his parents since his capture four years ago. And now we've got the news that we so dreaded.



Matt was not famous. He wasn't a rock star or a celebrity. He was just a good honorable kid serving his country. And he paid the ultimate price and was kept from those that loved him for way too long.




And now, at least, he's home. I really do hope they get to read the b.b., I think P-Nuts parents run the website.... I think? Matt, I tribute, "Tribute" by 311 to you. Thank you!

2 comments:

Kelika said...

Sounds like a great idea...not just for Matt, but for all of our fallen soldiers. We are so removed from it, sitting on our couches that we forget sometimes.

Oh, and I left a comment on my blog to answer your question. I don't know how to send messages or if you even can through here...

ICE COLD SURF said...

Thats cool! I responded to it already. Your actually probably the first person to leave me a comment. I've only been on here about a month, It seems people come across my page, but just don't seem intrested in my crap. Oh well right.

THE COUNTDOWN

OCHO STINKO' JERSEY (BLAA)

OCHO STINKO' JERSEY (BLAA)
me throwin down some brews on 3-11-07

AMAZING! I DID THIS, AND I'M AFFRAID OF HEIGHTS!!!

ROCK OUT TO SOME 311 WHILE YOUR HERE!!