Tuesday, June 3, 2008

more this and thats on 311

311 is now on facebook!!!!
Join now!
I just found this blurb on consequenceofsound.net and the writer felt the need to preface a quote from 311 Management with this:
After the hugely disappointing Don’t Tread on Me, 311 has returned to the studio to work on their ninth studio album. In a posting on their message board, the band’s management revealed the following about the currently untitled album:
What exactly qualifies the statement “hugely disappointing?” Was the writer personally disappointed, or did he view it as unsuccessful in a business sense? Because I just found an article that says DTOM debuted at #5 on the Billboard Top 200, and was the #6 single on Modern Rock radio.

~~~~~~~~~~~Nick Hexum & P-Nut~~~~~~~~~~~~




I do have to give that site props though for covering the 311 news pretty extensively…they had a lot of summer festival updates re. 311, and even recognized 311 Day. =D

-----------------=================---------------------

Nick performs "White Man, in Hammersmith Palais" with Camp Freddy @ the Roxy!

Nick was featured as a guest singer last Thursday with Camp Freddy, a “supergroup” of LA rockers (including Dave Navarro) who just ended a monthlong residency at the Roxy on the Sunset Strip. Billy Idol, Jerry Cantrell, and Juliette Lewis were among other vocalists featured that night. Watch the video of Nick performing “White Man in Hammersmith Palais” with the group HERE!

You can also read a review from the LA Times HERE!
I think Nick did an AMAZING job! He sounds nearly perfect vocally, and his passion for the song really comes through at the end - I’ll admit I got chills! It’s a little weird watching him perform with a different band, but interesting at the same time…it’s fun to watch how his stage presence/style translates in a different environment, and how he interacts with the crowd!

2 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Man, I wish I would've know. I could have been there!

ICE COLD SURF said...

I USED TO LIVE IN HERMOSA BEACH, I'VE BEEN OUT THE CHINO WAY, NEAR DUNBAR AND STUFF A FEW TIMES! I WOULD'VE BEEN THERE TOO!

THE COUNTDOWN

OCHO STINKO' JERSEY (BLAA)

OCHO STINKO' JERSEY (BLAA)
me throwin down some brews on 3-11-07

AMAZING! I DID THIS, AND I'M AFFRAID OF HEIGHTS!!!

ROCK OUT TO SOME 311 WHILE YOUR HERE!!